Metropolitan Police Service
The Metropolitan Police Service is the territorial police force responsible for law enforcement in Greater London, excluding the City of London. The Met also has significant national responsibilities, such as co-ordinating and leading on counter-terrorism matters and protection of the British Royal Family and senior figures of the Government.
The Metropolitan Police pledges to...
- pay all staff a minimum of the London Living Wage.
- use suppliers who pay their staff a Living Wage.
- offer a season ticket loan scheme to all employees.
- provide support and technology to allow occasional home working for office-based staff.
- be flexible with staff hours when employees are searching for a new home to buy or rent.
- survey all London employees annually, to ensure the company is aware of the challenges facing staff in terms of housing.
- provide information on best practice for tenants and landlords to all staff, including legal rights and responsibilities.
- offer staff direct financial support with housing, such as a Tenancy Loan Deposit Scheme.
- begin scoping options for providing quality rental accommodation to employees.